Persisting shapes and models separately?

Oct 3, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to store shape-related and model-related information separately?

I will try to explain the reason why I need this. My application's domain consists of three main objects (entities): Computer, Service, Component. These objects form a hierarchy: one or more Components are executing "inside" a [Windows] Service, and one or more Services are running on a Computer. Two Components can be "connected", i.e. pass data to each other - even if these Components belong to different Services/Computers. Currently I have no visual presentation for this domain, but everything (objects, their nesting and their connection) is already stored inside a database. Now I am planning to develop a graphic designer using Your awesome framework, so that user can draw "graph" and store it in the same database. There are two problems here: (1) my database is not ready to store NShape-specific layout and system information (size, position, ...; libraries, styles, templates, ...), and (2) your framework is not ready to deal with my database schema. So I thought about creating a NShape storage which will still store model info in my database, but will store all other stuff somewhere else (in some standard NShape storage). However I'm not sure this is a good idea...

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM

This problem was solved while discussing about "Group with backcolor and caption".

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Thank you, I was just planning to place the same comment here :)